Dell has first announced its promising tablet Dell Streak at Consumer Electronics Show in January and on Tuesday it announced the launch plans for the tablet. Dell Streak is a handheld tablet which will be based on Android OS.
Along with the launch plans, Dell also announced that the device will get an upgrade to Android 2.2(Froyo) later this year. The device will be first rolled out in UK, followed by the rest of Europe. After it is released in Europe, US market will see its launch in late summer. Until now, company has not provided any specific pricing or release launch details for the Streak. At launch Dell Streak will be rolled out with Android 1.6, but later will receive an upgrade to flash capable Android 2.2.
This form factor tablet will come preloaded with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube apps and also Google Maps for free turn by turn navigation.
Other Features of Dell Streak will be:
- Dell Streak will have a 5 inch WVGA touchscreen.
- It will be powered by Qualcomm’s 1 GHz Snapdragon processor.
- For storage it will have 2 GB internal storage and will be expandable upto maximum of 32 GB SD storage.
- It will have 5 megapixel camera with LED flash. It will also have a front facing camera for video chat.
- The connectivity features in Dell streak will be 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1.