USA Today has officially leaked the name of the Microsoft’s “Project Natal” for Xbox, which has only been acting as its code name while in development. The motion-sensing device, as far as consumers are concerned, will be known as “Kinect”.
Microsoft and the Xbox team are set expected to officially launch Kinect at this years E3 during their Sunday night press event. The name connect was also spotted in an old Microsoft patent, adding more proof that Kinect will be the product’s official name. Since the post was made, USA Today has removed the article from it’s site, confirming that this is indeed a real leak.
There were also a number of games announced today for the launch of Kinect including:
- · Kinectimals features over 20 different virtual pets, including lions, tigers, and cheetahs, to play with or raise.
- · Joyride has returned to life as a controller-free racing game, apparently.
- · Kinect Sports will offer sport games to play: “boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis.” For each one, you will make motions to play the games.
- · Kinect Adventures has a river raft and obstacle course to navigate — this is likely the demo we saw last week.
- · MTV Games will release Dance Central, where you can cut a virtual rug.
- · And there will be more games announced later featuring both Disney characters and Star Wars characters, in conjunction with Disney and LucasArts, respectively.