A week more left for iOS 4.0 final release and that’s the day when we will know the exact date when iPhone dev team planning to release jailbreak & unlock for iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G/3Gs. But before that number of iPhone hackers has already come up with unofficial tools to jailbreak & unlock iOS 4.0.
Now here is unofficial Blacksn0w RC 2 released by Steve developer of pushfix app, its patched version of Geohot’s unlock tool for iPhone 3.1.2. With Blacksn0w RC 2 Final you can unlock iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS. Blacksn0w RC 2 works only iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0 and baseband 05.11.07 hence you must first jailbreak iOS 4.0 using pwnagetool bundles released by msft.guy and then unlock with Blacksn0w RC.
Below is step by step guide to unlock iPhone 3GS.0 with Blacksn0w RC2 Final
How to Unlock iOS 4.0 with Blacksn0w RC2 Final
1. First you need to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS.
2. Once you have jailbreaked iPhone 3GS.0, use blacksn0w RC2 to unlock iOS 4.0.
3. Start Cydia and Open Manage tabs
4. Now select sources and click on edit and then add, You will be prompted to enter url source, now type “http://cydia.pushfix.info” and click on “Add Source”.
5. Once you have added source wait for Cydia to update packages
6. Now search for Blacksn0w and from the list click on “Blacksn0w RC2 Final” and click on Install.
7. Now just restart your iPhone and enjoy unlocked iOS 4.0, it may take about 80 seconds to boot & cell connection establishment on iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0 unlocked with blacksn0w RC2 Final.
You may like to check out: