Finally the first iOS 4.0 jailbreak tool Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 for Windows is available now. All iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G owners can jailbreak iOS 4.0 on Windows if they are on official carrier and doesn’t require unlock. Redsn0w 0.9.5 also lets you to activate multitasking & background wallpaper of iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G which has been blocked by Apple.
So we are here with complete step by step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 on Windows. The guide will only work if you have iPhone 3G with old bootrom.
Note: This release will not help you to hacktivate or unlock your phone. You need to registered iPhone UDID with Apple to get past the activation process. Therefore, DO NOT update to iPhone OS 4 Beta if you rely on an unlock, as upgrading will upgrade your baseband which will leave you locked.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 on Windows
1. Update iPod Touch 2G/iPhone 3G to iOS 4.0
2. Now start Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 and click on browse and select firmware for respective devices
iPhone 3G – iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
iPod Touch 2G – iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
3. Click on Next and Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 prepare data for jailbreak.
4. Now select “Install Cydia” and click Next. (If you want to disable multitasking & wallpaper then simple uncheck “Enable multitasking and wallpaper” option).
5. You need to power of your iPhone 3G/ iPod Touch 2G and connected to computer and click on next button
6. At this stage you will need to put your iPhone in DFU mode, to do this hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too for about 10 seconds. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins (about 30 seconds).
7 Now just wait until redsn0w completes the rest of the process. Once done, your iPhone 3G will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken with iPhone firmware version 4.0.
Please Note: There are no unlock tool available which can unlock iOS 4.0 with baseband 05.13.04, you must wait for official announcement form iPhone Dev team if you are planning to unlock.