The latest major update to Apple’s MobileMe iDisk app has been released today, bringing with it an iPad compatible version of the application. The app is now wrapped into one universal binary for all iOS devices running iOS 3.1.3 or higher. The app is completely free, although to use the service you will need to have a MobileMe subscription which will cost your around $99 per year.
Other improvements included in the update include a number of enhancements for the iPhone version of the MobileMe app including support for iBooks, the iPhone 4 retina display, and, of course, multitasking support for iOS 4 users. Full list of what’s included in the MobileMe iDisk version 1.2 update below.
What’s New In Version 1.2
- Designed for both iPhone and iPad
- Multitasking support for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (iOS 4 required).
* Quickly switch to another app and back to iDisk
* Play audio from your iDisk while using another app
- When app is opened, the last file or directory viewed is displayed
- Option to open iDisk documents in compatible apps such as iBooks
- When sharing a file, an email can be sent from any configured email account
- The URL for a shared file can be copied and pasted
- Various stability improvements