Looks like Microsoft is inching closer towards finalizing their development tools for Windows Phone 7, announcing that the gold build will be available for devs on September 16th. This is in preparation of the Windows Phone 7 app marketplace, which will start accepting app submissions in early October.
These announcements come straight from the Windows Team Blog, which also provides the following instructions for developers interested in developing for Windows Phone 7:
- Register at the marketplace today
- Finish you application or game using the Beta tools
- Download the final Windows Phone Developer Tools when they are released on September 16th
- Recompile your app or game using the final tools
- Have your XAP ready for ingestion into the marketplace in early October when it opens
The final tools will likely have some minor breaking changes from the Beta tools, so developers may have to fix some bugs that arise. The final tools will also include several highly requested Silverlight controls which will make it even easier for developers to deliver high quality Windows Phone 7 experiences. Also in the September 16th final release, the panorama, pivot and Bing maps controls will all be available to drop into applications.