Dropbox rolled out email notifications to its registered users as well as a notification was seen on its forum that the latest beta version of its Android App is now available and ready for testing. The Dropbox brings in new Sharing from other apps into Dropbox, built-in photo gallery, as well as the new download and upload progress updates on the Notification page.
The team has brought in the update with certain bug fixes as well as bringing in small changes including the proper sync, file upload and re-upload.
The new version includes the following:
1. Added “Share to Dropbox” from other applications (Gallery, etc). Either single or multiple files can be shared at the same time.
2. File Downloads & Uploads now display progress notifications instead of Spammy Toasts.
3. Multi-touch Gallery for pictures in a directory. Long-hold on pictures in gallery to do file operations.
4. Now you can create Shortcuts to Dropbox folders by long-holding on the desktop.
5. Added long-hold folder options for sharing and open.
6. Long-hold file Open now plays non-streaming, if it’s a streaming file type.
7. Added Cache Size display and Clear Cache button.
8. Prompt to install file manager such as OI or Astro if one is not installed already.
9. Notification if SD card is unavailable, so downloads, viewing, or uploads won’t work.
10. The e-mail to tell friends about Dropbox now contains a referral link, so you can get a quota bonus.
11. Visual Redesign with new icons
After downloading the new version and testing it, I found it working pretty fine. Dropbox is surely on of the best to keep my data backup and secure.