Apple has just released iTunes update 10.0.1, which other than fixing a number of bugs, also includes a new Ping sidebar that makes it “easier to share your favorite music with your friends on Ping”. The new Ping sidebar shown in the image above includes recent activity of all artists or any selected artist in your library, allowing you to access Ping features right from the sidebar. You can also access Ping features by clicking a track in list view, which will allow you to “like” songs and artists on Ping.
This release also provides a number of important bug fixes, including:
• Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
• Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
• Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
• Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
• Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.
iTunes 10 comes with many new features and improvements, including:
• Introducing Ping. Use Ping to follow your favorite artists and friends or connect with the world’s most passionate music fans. Discover the music everyone is talking about, listening to, and downloading.
• Rent HD TV episodes for just 99¢ each. Watch them on your Mac or PC, on-the-go with iPhone or iPod touch, or in your living room with the all new Apple TV.
• Play your favorites on the all new iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, and Apple TV.
• Play music wirelessly with AirPlay on AirPlay-enabled speakers, home theater receivers, and iPod accessories.
• Explore many look-and-feel improvements throughout iTunes.
• Enjoy performance improvements which make iTunes faster and more responsive.
• Additional voice support with VoiceOver Kit for iPod.