Apple Inc., unveiled the Universal version of MobileMe Gallery application which comes fully packed with iPad support and is now compatible with all iDevices, universally. The iOS MobileMe Gallery App now supports fast app switching for iOS 4 devices, ability to view friend galleries without the need for a MobileMe subscription and Optimization for Retina displays.
Take your MobileMe gallery everywhere with a beautiful viewing experience on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Just enter your MobileMe member name and password to see all of your published albums and movies. Easily browse your most recent photos or select a specific album with a tap. Flick back and forth through photos, pinch to zoom, or rotate to view in landscape view. MobileMe Gallery app automatically stores photos you’ve viewed, so you can view them again even if you don’t have a network connection.
To view a friend’s gallery, all that is needed by a user is to select their name from the list of contacts or enter the MobileMe member name, which in return delivers instant access to their publicly share photos. Those users who lack the subscription of MobileMe can also view friends’ galleries.
According to Apple, a number of benefits have been added to the new version. Benefits include:
1. Access to your entire gallery including password protected and hidden albums
2. Browse photos and zoom to get a better view
3. Landscape view as you Rotate the picture
4. View your friends’ galleries photos and movies
5. Access history of viewed photos when offline
6. Share a Link To The Album
Certain enhancements have been added to Version 1.2, which inlcude:
1. Universal App with iPad Support
2. Supports fast app switching for iOS 4 devices
3. Optimized for Retina Displays
5. View friends’ galleries without the need for a MobileMe Subscription
Download MobileMe Gallery App Version 1.2 [here]