Steam’s regular Wednesday releases for Mac today brought Valve’s own Left 4 Dead to Mac OS X users. As per usual with major Valve Mac ports, the release is also accompanied with a 50% off sale for the title as well as a number of updates to the game for both Mac and Windows users.
If you already own a copy of the title for Windows, you of course have access to the Mac version for free, like all Steam titles. Otherwise, it will cost you $9.99 while the 50% off sale lasts. That includes all of the previously released DLC.
Below is a list of updates released for Left 4 Dead today, if you’re interested.
- In Versus mode Tanks will spawn in stasis until a human player takes over. Tanks in stasis are invisible and invulnerable, and won’t move or attack
- Tank speed is no longer reduced when on fire
- Allow players on the Infected team to manually spawn during finales
- Added a vote option toggle All-Talk
- Any Special Infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a “ledge hang” situation will receive 50 points
- Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire
- In Versus mode car alarms will now trigger anytime a Special Infected pulls or stumbles a Survivor into an alarm car
- Protected console commands that can be used to lag or crash servers