Late in the last night, Verizon quietly added the Droid 2 Global to the line of handsets it supplies. You can go ahead and check here that the device is live on the website for pre-order. The specification on the webpage lists the Droid 2 Global with almost same features as the original Droid 2 except for an upgraded 1.2 GHz processor, a white exterior, an added quad-band GSM and tri-band UMTS radio for world roaming capabilities.
The full list of features of Droid 2 Global include:
- TI OMAP 1.2GHz processor with Dedicated GPU.
- 8GB Internal memory for emails, texts, and apps
- 8GB pre–installed microSD card for music, videos, and pictures (expandable to 32GB)
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS with Motorola Application Platform
- Integrated Google , Exchange, Facebook, and Myspace.
- Push Email Support: Gmail & Exchange & Yahoo.
- IMAP and POP, MSN Hotmail, and AOL Mail also supported.
- Full document viewing and editing via Quickoffice.
- Unified Google Calendar & Corporate Calendar (supports Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010 protocol).
- Global Address Lookup and Enhanced Enterprise Features.
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n capable.
- Bilingual Interface: English/Espanol.
- aGPS capable for E911 emergency location/sGPS.
- TTY compatible.
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3/T3.
- 3.5mm Headset Jack.