The official Google Voice app for iOS is finally available now on the iTunes App Store. It’s a pretty straightforward app, exactly what you would expect from Google.
Probably the best choice for a Google Voice users, the app let you access most all of the features of Google Voice. The biggest being you can make voice calls with your iPhone using your Google Voice phone number. You can access your inbox and check your voicemails. You can also send and receive SMS messages. Lastly you can get push notification of any new messages you receive.
- Cheap rates for international calls
- Free text messaging to U.S. numbers
- Voicemail transcription
- Display your Google Voice number as caller ID when making calls
- With push notifications, the app will alert you instantly when you receive a new voicemail or text message
- Most of your calls will be placed via Direct Access Numbers, making them connect just as quickly as regular phone calls
Just like the previous Google Voice apps, those that have a GV account and reside withing the United States will be able to use the new app. So if you’re outside the U.S., you’re out of luck for now. Google hasn’t said anything about international support either.
The Google Voice app is available now on the iTunes App Store. You need a valid Google Voice account, and a iPhone running iOS 3.1 or higher. Unfortunatly there is no support for the iPad or iPod Touch, just the iPhone.
[via Google Mobile Blog]