Looks like TiVo is pulling out all the stops and releasing a “supercharged” iPad application. TiVo is quickly outdoing it’s lackluster mobile site with this new full feature iPad app.
The app is more or less an extension of the TiVo onscreen controls, and at the same time it’s more than a simple remote. Almost all the functionality you have on your TV, you will have on your iPad.
What really makes this app special, is whatever you are doing on the app, wont interrupt what you are watching on the TV. So you can browse your recordings on your iPad, and not be bothered with onscreen menus popping up.
Here’s a quick rundown of the features:
- Gesture based control – Take complete control of all recordings, even dragging forward and back through a show with a simple tap or swipe
- Start watching what you want – Launch a recorded show, live TV or streaming video with the swipe of a finger
- Program guide – Browse your full-screen TV program guide without interrupting TV viewing
- Schedule - Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass recordings from the device at home or on-the-go
- Get more from your shows and movies – Explore cast and crew and other recommendations of your favorite shows without interrupting the big screen
- Search– Search for all of your favorite TV shows, movies, actors or directors across both broadcast and broadband from Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand, and more
Additionally users can tweet and update their Facebook page about the shows they are currently watching. The app will be free on the iTunes App Store, but you will need to have a TiVo Premiere for the app to actually work.
TiVo says the app will be released “very soon.”