Dropbox, one of the most popular file sharing, syncing and backup service provider, unveiled an update for BlackBerry smartphone users hence available for download via the Dropbox forum. A few months back, Dropbox launched the first ever media sharing/syncing service for the BlackBerry smartphone.
Dropbox BlackBerry version 1.0.37, has now been released which is only a forum build and was released mainly to fix issues related to the bugs. Dropbox’s new version is available for download for all Blackberry devices running at least BlackBerry OS 4.5 or higher.
The changelog for the new release includes:
1. saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
2. handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
3. open-edit-upload usecase wasn’t working for devices with encryption enabled
4. open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
5. “would you like to allow logging” dialog shouldn’t appear on first launch
6. on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn’t happen)
7. music/video stops when screen fades out
8. user gets a “not enough room to write file” message when trying to open a file that’s already open in docs2go.
Some other improvements includes the support for multiple third-party app associations for a certain file type. With the new release, users would not experience any freezes when sharing links.
According to Dropbox, the new version is mainly released to enable the development team receive feedback on whether fixes are working properly.
Download Dropbox For Blackberry 4.5 [here]
Download Dropbox For Blackberry 4.6 [here]
Download Dropbox For Blackberry 4.7 [here]
Download Dropbox For Blackberry 5.0 [here]
Download Dropbox For Blackberry 6.0 [here]