Seems like T-Mobile is on the run, slashing prices on gadgets either due to the holiday season or needs to get a lot of users glued to its network. T-Mobile USA made an announcement about price cuts for two of its Android devices, the Samsung Vibrant and the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Both the gadgets have registered a price cut of $50 which makes the Galaxy Tab at an attractive price of $349.99 after a $50 mail in rebate, while the Samsung Vibrant is now available at an attractive price of $149.99 after a $50 mail in rebate.
TmoNews, the unofficial T-Mobile website leaked the information a few hours before an official announcement made by the carrier itself. But to sum it all, the offer was real and it is now live in stores.
The price-cut is meant for only those customers who plan to sign-up for a contract with the carrier, while other customers would have to pay $599.99 up front for the Galaxy Tab or $449.99 for the Samsung Vibrant. The regular price-tag remains the same, with no changes.
Customers are required to subscribe for a new two-year plan in order to grab either of the two Android devices at the new low prices. T-Mobile made no comment on the time limit of the offer or price to change until stock lasts.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Features:
1. Powered by ARM Cortex A8 1 GHz Processor (Power VR SGX 540 graphics)
2. Full HD Video Playback
3. Support for Adobe Flash 10.1
4. 7-inch TFT Touchscreen with 16 million colors
5. Android powered
6. 3-megapixel camera with autofocus, LED Flash,geo-tagging
7. 1.3 megapixel secondary front-facing camera for video calls
8. HSDPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB 2.0
9. 512 MB RAM
10. 16 GB internal memory and microSD card slot for memory expansion up to 32 GB
Samsung Vibrant Features:
1. 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird Processor
2. Powered by Android 2.1 “Eclair”
3. 4-inch Super AMOLED Touchscreen
4. Gorilla Glass to protect display
5. HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS
6. 5-megapixel camera with autofocus
7. 512 MB RAM
8. 16 GB internal memory and microSD card slot for memory expansion upto 32 GB