Canadian mobile phone users are here for a treat again. Rogers Wireless, one of the largest carrier made an announcement, welcoming the first webOS 2.0 based smartphone, the Palm Pre 2. The carrier made the smartphone available for purchase becoming the first wireless carrier on the North American continent to offer the Palm Pre 2, for its customers.
The webOS 2.0 powered handset which landed at Rogers offers the same connectivity options as the unlocked version available in the US. Marking its launch, the Palm Pre 2 at Rogers carry a price tag of CAD $99, upon signing of a new three- year contract agreement with the wireless carrier.
While the contract price seems quite competing, Rogers also published that it would offer the handset without contract. An off-contract price tag for Palm Pre 2 in Canada is set at $449.99.
The wireless carrier noted:
The Palm Pre 2 smartphone has been reengineered to do more of what you want to do—faster. Quickly switch between multiple open apps. Simply start typing to begin an email or update your status. Tap a message notification while you’re playing a 3D game. With HP webOS 2.0, accomplishing more is effortless.
Palm Pre 2 Features:
1. 3.1-inch Multi Touch Screen
2. 320 x 480 pixels HVGA Resolution
3. QWERTY Keyboard
4. 5-Megapixel Camera with LED Flash
5. Accelerometer, Ambient Light and Proximity Sensors
6. Built-in GPS Receiver, 16 GB Internal Storage, USB Mass Storage Support
7. 59.6mm x 100.7mm x 16.9mm measurement, weighs at 145 grams
8. Support for Social Networks
9. Customizable Menus