Greenpois0n RC5 for Mac is live and available for download to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 2G, 3G & 4G. Greenpois0n RC5 has missing Readme file which should list the instructions and supported device list. Just now Pod2G member of Chronic Dev team tweeted link of official Readme file of Greenpois0n RC5 (link may not work due to site under heavy load).
After reading Greenpois0n RC5 readme file you will be surprised to find it may also support Verizon iPhone 4 jailbreak which suppose to ship with iOS 4.2.6. Here is complete Greenpois0n RC5 readme file,
*** greenpois0n 1.0 RC5 ***
> Description of the software:
greenpois0n will Jailbreak your iDevice.
> Supported iDevices:
- iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon (_not_tested_)
- AppleTV 2
> Requirements (check this !)
- a supported device (see above)
- the device should run iOS 4.2.1. Please check on the device in the Settings -> General -> About page.
If your device is running an older version, please upgrade iOS first using iTunes.
*** If you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella ¬®***
- at least MacOSX 10.5
> Notes (checks this also !)
- if your device is jailbroken with iPhone Dev Team’s Monte, please restore to fresh 4.2.1. first
- if Cydia doesn’t show up after Loader, you may need to reboot the device
- this version of greenpois0n doesn’t include a patched activation system. You’ll need to activate your device using iTunes
- WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY !
1. plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2. quit iTunes if it shows up
3. start greenpois0n.app
4. follow instructions
5. the device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
6. the device will reboot normally
7. start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia
> Credits (alphabetical order)
Chronic-Dev Team (follow us on twitter):
- AriX : @AriX
- chronic : @chronic
- DHowett : @DHowett
- jan0 : @0naj
- Jaywalker : @Jaywalker9988
- OPK : @iOPK
- pod2g : @pod2g
- posixninja : @p0sixninja
- semaphore : @notcom
- westbaer : @westbaer
Greetings: chpwn, comex, geohot
Donations are always greatly appreciated and will permit to buy new devices to make tests for future jailbreaks. ( http://www.greenpois0n.com )
Greenpois0n RC5 is not tested on Verizon iPhone 4 since none has been shipped yet and only time will tell whether Greenpois0n RC5 can jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 4.2.6 iOS or not.