After almost 36 hours of wait from official Android 2.3.3 OTA update announcement for Nexus S & Nexus One, Devs at XDA forum have located update.zip files of Android 2.3.3. We have just posted steps to manually update Nexus S to Android 2.3.3 now here is guide on how to manually update Nexus One to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for those who don’t have patients to wait for OTA update massage.
Download Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Update for Nexus One
How to Manually Update & Install Android 2.3.3 on Nexus One
1. Grab the Android 2.3.3 update .zip file
2. Rename it to update.zip
3. Copy it to the root of your micro-sd card
4. Boot your device in recovery mode by holding the trackball and pressing once on the power button
5. Select Bootloader and then select Recovery
6. Let the device reboot (wide display an exclamation point) and then press the volume up and power button at the same time
7. Finally select “Apply sdcard:update.zip” with the trackball.
That’s it now enjoy your Nexus One with Android 2.3.3 gingerbread. You may have to soft reset a couple of times after this.