Skyfire Labs announced the availability of the newer of the version of its mobile web browser, Skyfire 3.0 for iPhone. Taking on board some great new features, the mobile browser is all padded to rein Apple’s gadget world. Back in November 2010, Skyfire 2.0 was unveiled which enabled streaking Flash-based videos on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The newer version of the browser incorporates the Facebook Like button which makes it easier for users to ‘like’ or ‘unlike’ a page. With this move, the popular browser entered the family of those Facebook Friendly Apps.
The browser was able to mark its success with the Flash streaming feature for the iPhone which doesn’t support Flash in mobile Safari. Other than adding support on Facebook, the newer version brings in more support for videos based on Flash across different websites.
Skyfire 3.0 Features:
1. Popular Content – This feature would allow the user to view the popularity of a certain web page amongst the user’s Facebook friends and contacts. The menu option would also display recommendations from friends.
2. Fireplace Feed Reader – A filtered feed reader which brings in Facebook feed, web pages, images and videos posted by Facebook friends.
3. Facebook Portal Integration – Access Facebook feeds, profiles and places, a simple location based service without the need to switch between Skyfire and Facebook App for iPhone.
4. Facebook Like Button – Placed on every page on the internet. Simple click on the LIKE button located on SkyBar to ‘like’ or ‘unlike’ a page.
5. Skyfire OneTouch Search – Enter a single search term and choose amongst Google, VideoSurf or Wikipedia to search with a single touch without the need to navigate to separate sites.
Download Skyfire 3.0 for iPhone [here]