Motorola Milestone is one of the most popular Android smartphone manufactured by Motorola. This handset originally comes with the Android 2.1 (Eclair) OS, but after waiting for more than a year, Motorola Milestone finally gets the Android 2.2 (FroYo) OS. Motorola Milestone users can easily upgrade to Android 2.2 via. Motorola Software Update (MSU). Check out the complete changelog, after the break.
- Improved Web browsing with support for Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, currently available for download
- via Android Market
- New security options including remote wipe and device lock, complex password, and minimum
- password length.
- 3G Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
- New tips, shortcuts, and assistance from a home-screen widget help users better navigate their phones.
- Easily switch between the eight most recently used applications.
- Improved Wi-Fi performance and connectivity.
- Rotate the screen 270 degrees to work with compatible apps in any direction.
- Preserve apps and settings using Google Backup and Restore.
- Downloaded apps can now be automatically updated and you can choose to store applications in the
- device’s memory or on a SD card.
- Management of password policies for Microsoft Exchange administrators across all devices.
- Increased ring and notification volume.
- Edit recurring Corporate Calendar meetings with a large number of invitees.
- Improved Hotmail sync for accounts with a large number of emails.
- Streamlined efficiency in Microsoft Exchange Active Sync
Improve your communication with smarter functions from Android 2.2
- Android 2.2 boosts mobile organization and response time.
- And now Microsoft Exchange administrators can manage password policies across all devices, making sure company information stays secure and safe. Android 2.2 now supports Exchange calendars in the Calendar application.
To upgrade your Motorola Milestone, head over to this page.