Search for a better music player has always been on the nerves of all people who own an Android device. There are some very useful and popular music player apps for Android which include likes of MixZing, Meridian, TuneWiki and such. But recently some big names have started intense development for creating a stable and popular music app for Android. The work on Winamp for Android is going great and people are loving it. The open source Songbird media player also looks promising with its Android app. It was going through its continuous beta releases until last week and now it is available as a stable app for Android.
Now Songbird 1.0 is available for download from the Android Market. The distinguishing features in the app include:
- Support for Last.fm scrobbling.
- Ability to create and edit playlist.
- Support for a beautiful widget that includes album art too.
- Support for Flickr photo stream and Facebook Like.
- You can also set “Now Playing” track as your ring tone.
You can search for Songbird over the Android Market on your Android device or grab it here.