The wait is finally over! The much awaited Adobe Flash Player 10.2 is finally available for Android devices. Android users should note that, the Adobe Flash 10.2 will be available only for Android FroYo and Gingerbread smartphones as well as Honeycomb tablets with Android 3.0.1 update. Last week, the Adobe Flash 10.2 was leaked, but the version number of the latest update is different from the leaked update. The new Adobe Flash has the version number 10.2.156.12, compared to the version number 10.2.155.67, which was leaked a week ago.
- Hardware accelerated video presentation for H.264 (Android 3.0.1+)
- Deeper integration with the Android browser rendering engine (Android 3.0.1+)
- Better content rendering (Android 2.2+)
- Improved scrolling of web pages (Android 2.2+)
- In-page viewing of Flash objects (Android 3.0.1+)
- Enhanced performance for the latest smartphones and tablets (Android 2.2+)
- Automatic soft keyboard support including a new ActionScript API that enables developers to automatically launch and display the soft keyboard (Android 2.2+)
Motorola XOOM users should first upgrade their device to Android 3.0.1 before installing this update. This update includes some critical security patches as well. If you are still using the old Adobe Flash Player on your Android devices, then you should go ahead and download the latest version from the Android Market. To lean more, head over to this page.