Though the rumors of Apple iOS 4.3.1 has been here for quite some time but today we have some concrete information regarding possible iOS 4.3.1 release, thanks to BGR. As per BGR sources Apple is getting ready with iOS 4.3.1 which will have few bug fixes and patching up hole used by Charlie Miller who exploited a vulnerability in the mobile version of the Safari web browser on iOS 4.2.1 at Pwn2Own 2011. It is expected that Apple will release iOS 4.3.2 within next two weeks.
Here is short list of possible fixes which Apple iOS 4.3.1 will have
1. Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
2. Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
3. Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
4. Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
5. Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability.
Of all above points the last iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability fix might turn out big disappointment for new iPad 2 owners. We are yet to lean whether this is the same vulnerability which was exploited by Comex to jailbreak iPad 2.
This we will only know once iOS 4.3.1 is live. Stay tuned with us for more on iPad 2 Jailbreak & iOS 4.3.1.