The Android fever is gaining the heat. American wireless carrier, Cellular South, has just announced on plans on offering the Motorola Xoom. “Coming Soon” is what the cellular’s site displayed for the touchscreen tablet optimized for Android. The tablet would be able to connect to the Internet via internal Wi-Fi or using a Cellular South Mi-Fi, which is sold separately.
This makes it clear that the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi only model would be available via the carrier while trying to convince customers to get a MiFi in addition. As far as price is concerned, no official word was available from the cellular but we link the Xoom price starting with $599.
Motorola Xoom Features:
1. The first tablet to include Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system, optimized for tablet devices
2. 10.1″, 720p high-definition widescreen display
3. Dual-core 1 GHz processor
4. Front- and rear-facing cameras with Google Chat™
6. Access to countless Android apps
7. Connect via built-in WiFi or via the Cellular South high speed network with a MiFi – a personal hotspot. (MiFi sold separately)