After weeks of speculations finally today apple has released iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G & iPad 1 & 2. With iOS 4.3.1 release a new pwnagetool bundles are required to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad. Thanks to @djayB6, he has already released Pwnagetool bundles for iOS 4.3.1.
At present iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak is tethered and requires you to connect to PC/Mac every time you reboot your iPhone. Now here is our iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak guide for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (OLD & New bootrom) using Pwnagetool bundles 4.3.1.
Warning: You should proceed at your own risk we will not be responsible for any damage that may happen to your device by following this guide.
Keep all your files on desktop for easy access.
Update: You may Download PwnageTool 4.3.1 (Unofficial) which has Pwnagtool Bundles for 4.3.1 iOS and jump to step of this guide.
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool Bundles
1. Right click on PwnageTool App and select Show Package Contents
2. Now navigate to following folder /Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles
3. Now copy PwnageTool Bundles for iPhone 4.3.1 iOS and place it in above “FirmwareBundles“ folder and close the folder.
4. Now start RamdiskFixer_v1.7.1 and follow the on screen instructions & complete the installations (you must comply with readme file of ramdisk fixer).
5. Now start PwnageTool and create the iOS 4.3.1 custom firmware for iPhone 4
6. Now start iTunes 10.2 and create iPhone 4 backup
7. Now put your iPhone 4 in DFU mode by following instructions
Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds, Now release the Power button while continue to holding the Home button. You device should now be in DFU mode
8. iTunes will prompt for device in DFU mode, click Ok.
9. Now press Option and click on update button on iTunes. Now browse and select iOS 4.3.1 iPhone 4 custom firmware.
10. Let iTunes complete the update process, you. Once iTunes completes the restore process your iPhone 4 will reboot.
Since this is tethered jailbreak every time you reboot your device you need to connect to Mac/PC and tethered boot using tetheredboot utility.
Follow bellow instructions to Tetethered boot your jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1
How to Tethered Boot Jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1
1. Download TetheredBoot Utility and place it in tetheredboot folder on desktop
2. Crate copy of iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1 custom firmware, change the extension from .ipsw to .zip and unzip
3. Now open extracted content of firmware and copy following files present under /Firmware/dfu/
4. Place these files inside Tetheredboot utility folder
5.Turn off your iPhone and Open Terminal, type following commands
./tetheredboot iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu kernelcache.release.n90
6. That’s it. Your iPhone 4 will boot into the tethered boot mode
Now enjoy your newly jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.1. You have repeat above steps every time you reboot your iPhone 4
Stay tuned with us for more on Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4.