We have covered jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 guides for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (New & old bootrom) now here is our guide to jailbreak iPod Touch iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool bundles, as usual the jailbreak is tethered jailbreak and requires tetheredboot utility every time you want to reboot your idevice.
Warning: You should proceed at your own risk we will not be responsible for any damage that may happen to your device by following this guide
Keep all your files on desktop for easy access.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G 4.3.1 iOS Using PwnageTool Bundles
1. Right click on PwnageTool App and select Show Package Contents
2. Now navigate to following folder /Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles
3. Now copy PwnageTool Bundles for iPod Touch 4.3.1 iOS and place it in above “FirmwareBundles“ folder and close the folder.
4. Now start RamdiskFixer_v1.7.1 and follow the on screen instructions & complete the installations (you must comply with readme file of ramdisk fixer).
5. Now start PwnageTool and create the iOS 4.3.1 custom firmware for iPod Touch
6. Now start iTunes 10.2 and create iPod Touch backup for safety.
7. Now put your iPod Touch in DFU mode by following instructions
Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds, Now release the Power button while continue to holding the Home button for 16 seconds. You device should now be in DFU mode
8. iTunes will prompt for device in DFU mode, click Ok.
9. Now press Option key and click on update button on iTunes & browse and select iOS 4.3.1 iPod Touch custom firmware created using pwnagetool bundles.
10. Let iTunes complete the update process, Once iTunes completes the restore process your iPod Touch 4G will reboot.
Since this is tethered jailbreak every time you reboot your deice you need to connect to Mac and tethered boot using tetheredboot utility.
Follow bellow instructions to Tetethered boot your jailbroken iPod Touch 4G iOS 4.3.1
How to Tethered Boot Jailbroken iPod Touch iOS 4.3.1
1. Download TetheredBoot Utility and place it in tetheredboot folder on desktop
2. Crate copy of iPod Touch 4G iOS 4.3.1 custom firmware, change the extension from .ipsw to .zip and unzip
3. Now open extracted content of firmware and copy following files present under /Firmware/dfu/
4. Place these files inside Tetheredboot utility folder
5. Turn off your iPhone and Open Terminal, type following commands
./tetheredboot iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu kernelcache.release.n90
6. Ok, that’s it. Your iPod Tocuh 4.3.1 will boot into the tethered boot mode
Now enjoy your newly jailbreaked iPod Touch 4G 4.3.1 iOS. You have repeat above steps every time you reboot your iPod Touch 4G.