Droid 2, one of the hottest selling smartphone by Motorola sporting a 3.7-inch display while originally powered with Google’s Android 2.2 Froyo Operating System, has just registered an official build of Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. This comes as a great surprise for Droid 2 users courtesy of MyDroidWorld.
In order to install the update, Droid 2 users need to have the Droid X Bootstrapper installed. Please make sure you backup all your data before attempting an upgrade. Users are also required to check on battery strength in order to complete the upgrade.
1. Download this file from the TBH app or download below
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into recovery.
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware)
4. Install the Firmware using recovery
1. select install zip from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded
5. Restart phone
6. Re-activate your phone
1. dial *228
2. select 1
If your phone bootloops you need to wipe data to enter recovery:
1. hold down x and power button
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset —press power button to select
4. reboot system
If your phone asks you to select/create an account:
1. press the home button
2. go to accounts (you may be sent there automatically)
3. select done