Vimeo was one of the first video sharing site which jumped onto HTML5 bandwagon with YouTube. Vimeo has finally launched its official iOS app today. The official Vimeo app for iOS lets you upload, manage and watch Vimeo clips from your personal account or from other Vimeo channels.
Using this app for iOS you can upload your videos in HD or SD format or download Vimeo clips to camera roll. The complete set of features in official Vimeo app for iOS include:
- capture video with focus control and grid alignment
- combine, edit, and trim your videos
- add transitions, titles, and effects
- add music and recordings
- control volume levels
- save edited videos to your camera roll or upload directly to Vimeo
- watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- easily upload your raw footage or edited creations in HD or SD
- pause and resume uploads
- replace existing videos
- edit title, description, tags, privacy and credits
- share with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email or SMS
- add your clips to your Groups, Channels and Albums
- stats on daily plays, likes and comments
- watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- easily like, comment and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- discover new and interesting videos in the Browse tab
But 9to5Mac has explored the exciting video editing feature in this app at depth, so you may want to check that out. The official Vimdeo app for iOS requires iOS 4.0.1 or later. Also being 20 MB in size, it is compatible with iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen and iPad 2.
You can download it from here.