If you have been a long time Mac user, you have more than likely had to rip a DVD at some point and came across HandBrake. This free app has been around for quite a while and is definitely the preferred choice for most Mac user’s ripping and encoding DVD needs. However, the recent release of HandBrake, 0.9.4, brings many improvements that yet again prove this is something that the VLC Media Player might not be able to replace entirely for all users. Below is a list of some of the new features and improvements included in this latest release of HandBrake.
- Overall speed increases
- Improvements to x264 video encoder that result in, “smaller, better, and faster encoding”
- 32- and 64- bit versions (64 bit version apparently up to 10% faster)
- Improved preview features
- New integrated subtitle features
- Click here for more info on the latest build