Those of you that are already fans of http://www.freeappaday.com/ might have already tried today’s suggestion, UniWar. However, for those of you that haven’t, this is definitely one worth checking out. The game is a traditional style strategy game that has a look and feel similar to many tower defense iPhone games. One unique aspect that sets UniWar apart from similar strategy “checkers” style games is the multiplayer functionality allowing you to number of play modes including Multiplayer online, Vs. the phone AI, Vs. a friend on the same phone (hot seat), and Campaign mode. Below is a full list of features:
– 3 races, each with eight varied units.
– 50+ maps to choose from with up to 8 players.
– Play up to 20 games at once.
– Team play allows 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.
– Campaign Mode with 21 missions.
– Play modes: Multiplayer online, Vs. the phone AI, Vs. a friend on the same phone (hot seat), and Campaign mode.
– Worldwide Global Ladder.
– Create or join several games.
– Email notifications when it is your turn.
– In-game chat channel and server main chat room.
– Dedicated game ladder.
– Rated or unrated game selection.
– Game settings include fog of war and online bots.
– Animated units during play.
– Cross-platform game. Play your friends even if they have another phone model.
– Dedicated website.